Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Hoppin mad

Let me start this post with a disclaimer --- my purpose is not to boast about what my church has done...
I just returned from a parish council meeting and I am hoppin mad. Our church has been so successful in helping Katrina victims that the Red Cross and Salvation Army were referring victims to us. We had someone offer to donate 20 downtown apartments to us rent free for five months...downtown luxury apartments. We asked three downtown churches if they would be willing to open up their arms and commit to being family for these people. ALL THREE SAID NO! INCLUDING THE CARDINAL'S CHURCH!
They said they didn't have the resources... Now please keep in mind that our church is located in a low income community and that the downtown churches are some of the wealthiest in the city.
I would just like to know what the hell we are about.

No comments: