Monday, July 03, 2006

Shiprock

The image “http://www.jimsaling.com/hello/1769590/1024/Shiprock%20stormy2-2005.06.19-13.01.48.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

A couple of years ago a wonderful friend took me on a trip to the southwest. While driving we saw far off in the distance Shiprock. Like so much of the southwest, even from a distance its massiveness was a spectacle to behold. Before returning home I bought a beautiful little plaque that stated, "Sometimes dreams are wiser than waking." When I returned home I had a dream. I was wandering in the desert at night. I had been trying to find shiprock. It was so dark I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. After wandering for a while like this, certain I was lost, I decided to lay down for the night and wait for morning. When I awakened at dawns first light I opened my eyes to see shiprock looming high above me. I had unknowingly stopped my wanderings right at its base the night before. I began to climb its towering heights and as I did the Spirit of God fell heavy on me. The higher I climbed, the heavier it became and I began to weep with joy as I was consumed by the presence of God. I keep a picture of Shipwrock close at hand and when I am going through things other than the presence of God that are trying to consume me I look at it and meditate on it and remember the meaning of the dream. Sometimes dreams are wiser than waking.

8 comments:

jazztheo said...

if only we could be as close to God in our waking moments as we are in our dreams.

Monco said...

Beautiful.

voixdange said...

Merci!

Christopher said...

wow. what a dream and vision.

Dan Trabue said...

Wow! What a dream.

I dreamed I was a ducky and flew by taking really long steps.

Where does one apply for Deep Dreams?

voixdange said...

I'm not sure Dan - I've always had prophetic dreams though, since I was twelve.

Christopher said...

miss your posts

voixdange said...

okay - okay - I'll try to get on it!
I've had to slow down a bit because I am also in school. Thanks!

Laura