Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Dans Paris



I returned August third. Well to be more precise, my body arrived back in the U.S on that date. But for some reason internally I feel I am continually walking the streets of Paris, almost like Jacob Marley, the Ghost partner of Ebenezer Scrooge. Every time I close my eyes, there I am - walking and walking. Sometimes in Montmartre, sometimes in the Marais, some times round the backside of Notre Dame even. No matter where - the feeling is always the same restless wandering. What was I looking for? What am I looking for? I am at home and at work - but still walking in my spirit.

5 comments:

Constantine said...

Any conclusions?

voixd'ange said...

I wish . . .

voixd'ange said...

I know now - I was searching for home.

Constantine said...

Ah...the mysterious "home." That's a hard one, especially for those whose "roots" never took because they were severed or were never nurished or because the ground was rocky and uninhabitable for the given "seed."

I understand on any number of levels mi amiga.

voixd'ange said...

Merci.
I knew you would.